Our team at Los Gatos Family Dentistry recognizes how important modern technology is to providing comfortable care, which is why we focus on continuing education to remain current on the latest advances.
Tools like digital x-rays and intraoral cameras allow Dr. Phan to accurately diagnose problems early and involve you in your oral health by showing you what we see on our flat-screen monitors. The result is care that's more precise, more affordable, and less invasive. Our Sonicfill handpiece system allows us to place fillings in a snap, meaning less time in the chair and more time to get on with your day.
And with patient amenities like pillows, blankets, noise-canceling headphones, music, and iPads for the kids, we create positive experiences in a relaxing and comfortable environment so your appointment will be over before you know it.
As an environmentally responsible member of the Los Gatos dental community, our office is committed to exceeding standards in the conservation of natural resources and the prevention of pollution and waste through our daily operations. Listed below are just a few of the practices our office has adopted as a green business that you may not be aware of:
- We participate in the PG&E Climate Smart Program, where participants fund environmental projects that reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions.
- We use digital x-rays that eliminate the use and disposal of developers, fixers, and lead foil, chemicals that are harmful to the environment.
- We use an amalgam separator that captures any amalgam (silver) filling material once it is removed from the mouth and separates it from the water line so that mercury and other components of the filling do not end up in our water system.
- We are a mercury-free office. We use tooth-colored, mercury-free fillings.
- We recycle all office materials when possible and buy recycled office supplies and use rechargeable batteries.
- We save paper by using digital forms, electronic sticky notes, reusing scratch paper on internal documents, and offering e-mail appointment reminders at your request.
- Scrap metals (i.e., old crowns) are sent to a metal recycling facility. The proceeds we receive are donated to promote other environmental initiatives.
- We shop locally to support the local economy, small businesses, to reduce traffic congestion and gas emissions.
We continually strive to improve our daily practices. Please feel free to share your ideas or consult a staff member to find out what you, as a patient, can do to help the environment.
Dental x-rays enable us to provide the most appropriate treatment by letting us see the inside of your teeth and underneath your gums, where decay and gum disease start. At Los Gatos Family Dentistry, we use digital x-rays for several reasons. Most importantly, they significantly reduce your radiation exposure.
Digital x-rays are also an invaluable educational tool that Dr. Phan can share with you so you can see what we see during a dental checkup.
Taking digital x-rays is more comfortable than older film-type x-rays that you might remember. We use flat digital sensors that fit comfortably in your mouth and capture highly-detailed images that we share with you on your chairside monitor.
Digital x-rays are stored securely in your patient record so we can access them easily in the future as needed.
Have you ever been frustrated during a dental examination because you can’t see what your dentist sees? At Los Gatos Family Dentistry, we use intraoral cameras that produce magnified images of the inside of your mouth. The small digital camera lights up your mouth, and real-time images appear on your chairside monitor as Dr. Phan passes it over your teeth.
She will explain what you’re looking at and point out areas of concern that need our attention. When you feel fully informed about the state of your oral health, you can make confident decisions about the direction of your treatment. Dr. Phan can also save still photos to your digital patient history to refer to in the future or to send to specialists and insurance companies as needed.
We know that nobody likes the idea of getting a root canal, and we do everything we can to make the process as smooth and comfortable as possible. Fortunately, we have some help from technology that streamlines the procedure even further and makes for one of the most comfortable root canals you’ve ever had.
Rotary endodontics do away with the manual steel files that dentists used to use and replaces them with a flexible nickel-titanium tip.
The tip reaches deep into the root canal to efficiently clear away the infected material from inside your tooth. This results in a more comfortable procedure for you and improved long-term outcomes.
Dentistry is ever-evolving, and we’ve never seen it in action more than we have during the coronavirus pandemic. One area of dentistry that has taken on new importance is teledentistry that uses information technology to help us communicate with our patients remotely.
If you have a dental concern but aren’t quite ready to visit our dental office yet, we can still help you. With teledentistry, you start by requesting an appointment for video conferencing with Dr. Phan. You can email or text pictures of your teeth to her, and she will review them and provide advice based on what she sees.
You will also be pleased to know that most dental insurances cover teledentistry. Please call us to get started.
In keeping with our green business policy and our goal of streamlining your dental care, we are pleased to use digital records to store your information securely on our in-house network.